There are several risks facing your business if you are in the construction industry. Your business is never safe from employee injuries and theft of materials to lawsuits. While you can devise several risk mitigation strategies, contractor insurance is an investment you can use to cushion your business big time.
Are you thinking about contractor insurance in Bloomfield, NJ but haven’t decided yet? Here are reasons you should invest in contractor insurance as advised by E.S.T.I.R. Inc.
- Liability protection: During the course of your contractual work, you can cause bodily injury or property damage to others. For instance, you could be sued if you are doing paintwork and the paint spills on the customer’s expensive sofa. Luckily, contractor insurance will help cover the legal and settlement claims.
- Employee protection: As you can imagine, employee injuries are likely to happen during construction or repairs. For instance, one of your staff may fall off the ladder while painting, breaking their arm. Worker’s comp insurance should cover the medical expenses for such injuries.
- Builders risk coverage: This policy protects the house under construction or renovation against perils like fire, theft, damage, etc.
- Protects your assets: Suppose you are undertaking repairs for a client. Fire ravages the building, destroying the roofing materials. In such a case, your contractor’s insurance should cover the damage.
- Professional indemnity coverage: If you are sued for negligence, incomplete work, or missed deadlines, this coverage should cover the legal and settlement costs. For instance, when you fail to deliver your construction project on time, the client can sue you for missed revenue. It’s in such cases that contractor insurance comes to your rescue.
Are you interested in learning more about contractor insurance? Please get in touch with E.S.T.I.R. Inc. Even better, you can visit our Bloomfield, NJ office to chat with one of our agents.