As a homeowner, you understand the necessity and importance of home insurance. It protects homes and homeowners’ personal belongings. This insurance aims to provide financial protection from various accidents and disasters.
Typical home insurance includes the following coverages:
- Dwelling coverage. It provides the structure of a home, including the walls, floors, ceilings, and built-in appliances. It covers various perils, such as vandalism, fire, theft, and more.
- Personal liability. The purpose of this coverage is to cover costs if your visitor or guest sustains an injury on your property. It also provides property damage coverage.
- Contents coverage. It protects your personal belongings, including furniture and clothing. If a covered incident occurs and you file a claim, an insurance company will cover the value of these items.
However, it is essential to understand that standard home insurance does not cover everything and has limitations. Therefore, to ensure that you, your property, and your personal belongings are fully protected, it is also recommended to carry additional coverages. The most common optional coverages that you may want to consider include the following:
- Flood insurance. It protects your home and personal belongings from flood-related damage. Flood insurance is highly recommended if you live in an area prone to flooding.
- Earthquake insurance. It covers your home if an earthquake occurs and causes damage. It is a separate policy with its own deductible.
- Umbrella insurance. It provides additional coverage for property damage, bodily injury, and personal injury to others. Umbrella insurance kicks in when the liability limits on your home insurance have been exhausted.
E.S.T.I.R. Inc. – Your Reliable and Trustworthy Insurance Company in New Jersey
Are you a homeowner from New Jersey and shopping for home insurance to protect your precious property and personal belongings? Do not hesitate to contact E.S.T.I.R. Inc. – an insurance company serving clients in Bloomfield, NJ, specializing in different types of insurance, including home insurance. If you have any questions or want to discuss our insurance options, please feel free to call us.