Is stolen money covered under home insurance at NJ

Stolen money is covered under many home insurance policies, but not all. It is extremely vital that you talk to your insurance agent about exactly how much money (if any) that your home insurance policy will cover in the event of a break in or the total destruction of the home (for example, if your home succumbed to an electrical fire and your cash was lost along with everything else).

Many insurance policies will cover cash up to a specified amount. This amount can vary widely and could be anything from a hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars. If you plan to keep large amounts of cash in the home, or if you plan to keep any other highly valuable items in your home (large amounts of very pricey jewelry, for example) you need to ask your independent agent about adding a rider to your homeowner’s insurance policy.

A rider is simply a small addition to your homeowner’s insurance policy that will provide additional coverage not specified in the main policy. Most people elect to secure riders in situations where their primary homeowner’s insurance coverage would be insufficient to fully replace something in the event of total loss.

You may be able to get an insurance rider for only a specific amount if it involves keeping cash in your home. If you have been keeping large amounts of cash in your home and your insurance agency cannot provide a large enough homeowner’s policy and/or rider to cover a potential total loss, you should talk to your agent about other options for keeping your money safely.

Don’t get caught without the level of homeowners insurance coverage you need. Keep everything, including your money, safe and secure by comparing quotes online with E.S.T.I.R insurance. We will help you determine which options are available to ensure your home and your family stay safe and secure.