Policies Included in Contractor’s Insurance

When you open a construction firm in Bloomfield, NJ, you’ll need a special type of commercial insurance called contractor’s insurance from E.S.T.I.R. Inc. The term contractor’s insurance refers to a set of insurance coverage types in a policy package, and it protects your business’s liability and employees.

What’s in Contractor’s Insurance?

This insurance package for construction contractors addresses four business needs. Typically, a contractors’ insurance package includes:

  • Workers Compensation
  • Builder’s Risk
  • Inland Marine
  • General Liability Insurance.

Most contractors require all four types of insurance. Let’s consider what each does.

Workers’ Compensation (Workers’ Comp)

As long as you employ other individuals, you must legally carry workers’ compensation coverage which protects your employees if they get hurt on the job or become ill due to exposure to chemicals on the job.

Builder’s Risk

Builder’s risk insurance provides liability coverage for you and your employees, plus the residents of a home in which you work. If an accident occurs while you work on your project relating to it, such as someone tripping and falling over lumber you piled outside the back door, then this insurance covers their medical costs for treatment.

Inland Marine

Inland marine insurance covers your transport of materials, especially those purchased by your client. It doesn’t involve Marines. The name stems from the advent of land transportation, such as trucking, as a supplement to oceanic transportation, hence the marine.

General Liability Insurance

Like all other businesses, a contractor needs to obtain general liability insurance. This type of liability protects your finances from various issues, including libeling someone and accidents in your office.

Contact E.S.T.I.R. Today

Contact us today to obtain your builder’s risk insurance policy. Let E.S.T.I.R. Inc. help you protect your Bloomfield, NJ, business.